Route Sales and Service Representative
We are currently accepting applications from customer-oriented professionals interesting in joining our elite service team at our Palm Springs, CA branch. As a Route Sales and Service Representative, you will drive a Mission Linen Supply truck over an established route to deliver and sell products, render services, and issue customer invoices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drives truck to deliver laundry and/or uniforms to customer’s home or place of business.
• Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer invoice.
• Issues or obtains customer signature on invoices for pickup or delivery.
• Records delivery and inventory information on daily invoices.
• Collects or picks up rejected or unsold laundry and/or uniforms. Loads/unloads truck.
• Attends training and service department meetings.
• Develops and maintains the customer's goodwill by providing assistance to the customer, demonstrating an interest in the customer, devoting time to the customer and practicing courtesy towards the customer at all times.
• Conduct business in a professional manner to minimize or eliminate customer complaints. Handles the complaints and questions in the same manner as stated, making sure that the supervisor is kept informed and able to assist, if necessary.
• Calls on prospective customers to solicit new business.
• Informs regular customers of new products or services.
• Listens to and resolves service complaints. Maintains inventory and follows company’s policies on inventory control.
• Maintains a professional appearance in compliance with the company’s standards.
• Cleans inside of truck. Performs routine maintenance on truck.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
• Three months related experience; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Intermediate math skills
• A current, valid driver’s license for the Class necessary to operate the vehicle.
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds